Rigid (Plastic & Metal)
NOTICE – EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018:
PLEASE REMOVE GLASS FROM YOUR RECYCLING BIN
PLEASE PLACE GLASS IN YOUR WASTE RECEPTACLE
THANK-YOU, MCSWMA 249-4125
- Non-returnable cans: soup, pet food, coffee, etc.
- Condiment bottles: ketchup and mustard bottles, sour cream, frosting and butter tubs, salad dressing and syrup bottles, etc.
- Bathroom accessory bottles: shampoo, body wash and hand soap bottles, lotion bottles, plastic cosmetics tubes, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Spray bottles, dish and laundry soap bottles, fabric softener bottles, windshield washer jugs, empty aerosol cans, etc.
- Non-returnable plastic containers: sports drink, juice, milk, or water bottles, saline solution bottles, baby wipe containers, etc.
- Plastic bags, baggies, & wrap
- Any wrapper with foil
- Chip bags
- Bread bags
- Photo paper
- Wax-coated items
- Bubble wrap
- Pet food bags
- Christmas lights
- Medical supplies
- Garden hoses
- Box fans
- Vacuum cleaners
- No food
- Plastic fence
- Electronic waste
- TV’s, VCR’s, or DVD players
Please follow these procedures for recycling rigids!
- Rinse out all rigid items. Labels may be kept on.
- Caps and lids must be removed, but are still recyclable.
- Place rigid items in bin or hard walled container.
- DO NOT PUT RIGIDS IN PLASTIC OR PAPER BAGS!