Residents and businesses are both welcome to bring their scrap tires to the Marquette County Solid Waste Management Authority. Haulers with scrap tires MUST have a landfill permit. Please see fee schedule for prices.
- Individual residents may bring as many personal tires at a time as they would like.
- Businesses may only bring in 10 scrap tires at a time. If you would like to bring more than 10 scrap tires you can contact the Marquette EGLE at (906) 228-4853 to obtain a Scrap Tire Hauler Registration. Businesses must also have a completed scrap tire manifest when hauling more than 10 tires.
How to dispose of scrap tires:
- Scrap tires need to be weighed. If you have scrap tires, go on scale 1 and come into the office.
- Tires larger than 22.5, such as agricultural and loader tires, must be cut into 4 pieces and disposed of in the landfill. They will be charged the regular tipping fee. They WILL NOT be accepted otherwise.
- If you have garbage and scrap tires in your load, YOU MUST SEPARATE THEM! Disposing of tires in the landfill will result in a mixed load charge.