Scrap Tire Collections
The Marquette County Solid Waste Management Authority (MCSWMA) has received a Scrap Tire Cleanup Grant from EGLE. All Marquette County residents are welcome to bring their scrap tires to the following collections. For any questions call the MCSWMA at (906) 249-4125.
· Residents may bring in up to 10 tires at a time
· Car and truck tires that are 22.5 inches in diameter or less are accepted
· Tires on rims are accepted
· Larger tires, tractor tires and tires on split rims are not accepted
· Tires from businesses are not accepted (see below for more information on
disposing of these types of tires)
Residents and businesses are both welcome to bring their scrap tires to the Marquette County Solid Waste Management Authority. Haulers with scrap tires MUST have a landfill permit. Please see fee schedule for prices.
- Individual residents may bring as many personal tires at a time as they would like.
- Businesses may only bring in 10 scrap tires at a time. If you would like to bring more than 10 scrap tires you can contact the Marquette EGLE at (906) 228-4853 to obtain a Scrap Tire Hauler Registration. Businesses must also have a completed scrap tire manifest when hauling more than 10 tires.
How to dispose of scrap tires:
- Scrap tires need to be weighed. If you have scrap tires, go on scale 1 and come into the office.
- Tires larger than 22.5, such as agricultural and loader tires, must be cut into 4 pieces and disposed of in the landfill. They will be charged the regular tipping fee. They WILL NOT be accepted otherwise. If you are unable to cut the tires you may contact Truck Away at 906-360-3038 or 1-800-375-3962 for a quote to cut the tires.
- If you have garbage and scrap tires in your load, YOU MUST SEPARATE THEM! Disposing of tires in the landfill will result in a mixed load charge.