The landfill site does not accept any payments therefore, residents must obtain a landfill permit from the city or township the waste is coming from before disposing of any waste at the landfill site.
The permit is used so that all payments are made through the municipalities rather than at the landfill site. Before making a trip out here, contact your municipality to find out what their procedure is.
Also note that all materials must be covered with a tarp when transported to the landfill or you will be refused service.
Rules for using the landfill
Before you arrive:
- You must obtain a permit from the city or township from which the waste is coming from.
- All loads must be tarped while on landfill property. No exceptions.
- All haulers should wear steel-toed boots for their safety. There are needles, nails and other hazardous materials around you.
- For your own safety please leave children and pets at home.
- The landfill opens at exactly 7:00 a.m. and closes at exactly 3:00 p.m. No haulers will be permitted during any other times.
When you arrive:
- Stop completely in front of above ground scale.
- Wait until the vehicle in front of you is completely off of the scale.
- Then drive onto above ground scale and put your vehicle in park.
- Exit your vehicle while it is parked on the scale and go to the building marked “OFFICE”
- Follow scale attendant’s instructions.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on site.
- The speed limit is 15 MPH
While disposing of waste:
- Stay in line. Dispose of your waste in the order in which you were weighed in, please do not cut in front of other vehicles.
- Stay in your vehicle while waiting to dispose of your waste.
- Dispose of your waste between the signs marked with an “X”. Please do not discard on the “X”. Failure to dispose in the correct place will result in fines.
- Stay clear of all equipment. Do not pass equipment while driving, for safety reasons all landfill equipment has the
right of way.
- NO SCAVENGING IS ALLOWED.
- Please do not disturb any wildlife, including birds.
- If you have any of the following materials, please tell scale attendant, they are not permitted to be disposed of in the landfill and if done so will result in fines: